Thursday, January 9, 2014

What I'm Thinkin' Thursday

Hopefully, you are over the shock of learning that we moved.  Let me tell you, it was the right decision, even if the kids are still in culture shock.

After much soul searching and prayer, Tony and I made this decision late September/early October.  You all know that I lost my job at the end of July.  After being there for 15 1/2 years, it was one of the toughest emotional events of my life.  I immediately hit the pavement with my heels on but couldn't get a foot in the door.  As each week went on, I felt more and more despondent.  

The funny thing though, is that when I wasn't concentrating on a finding a job, I was also the happiest I have ever been.  Being present at all of the kids activities without the guilt of missing work was extremely liberating.  I felt like I was doing what I was meant to do.  So, after crunching numbers, we decided to give it a go and see if we could live off Tony's pay alone.  Doing this meant that we had to reduce our monthly mortgage by half.  

Our house was only on the market for less than a month when we got a good offer that we decided to accept.  However, the buyer wanted to close on December 13 (and it was Nov 18 at this point).  And...we hadn't found "that" house yet.  So, we had no where to live.  Luckily, two days after we accepted the offer, we found the house that would become our new home and the rest is history.  The move was stressful and eventful.  But now that it is done and nesting is my current responsibility, I know that this is where we are meant to be during this time of our lives.

2 comments:

Girl On a Journey said...

So happy for you and the family! :) Time with your kids is priceless. They grow up and are gone before you can blink an eye. I am glad I have memories of years with my girls and their sports/band.

Unknown said...

I'm so happy you love your new home and you're able to be at the kids' activities! !


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved