Wednesday, April 16, 2014

What I'm Up to Wednesday

It's time for another room share with you guys!  Our master bedroom is considerably smaller in our new home, so we've had to get creative.  But I love how it has turned out.  The before pics are from the listing, but you'll be able to get the idea of what we had to work with.



 

You'll see that we put our bed on the full wall instead of the wall with the windows.  It just seemed like a better use of the space.  I initially struggled with the window coverings...if you'll notice the windows are right in the corner.  So, to make the windows look properly spaced, I hung the curtains off center.  This makes the windows look larger than they actually are.


 
 
We don't have room for a bookcase, so I decided an upside down shelf above the door would great!  Tony made the shelves and the shelf brackets serve as the bookends.  I love, love, love how it turned out. 


All of the decorative elements are from our other house.  But I painted a lot of them to give them a fresh new look.

This candle holder was spray painted blue....
 
We found this frame in the attic...I painted it coral and added the vinyl for some sweet & simple art...
 
My bracelets are hung on a painted mug holder that I got off amazon....
 
And my earrings are hung on a frame that I hung chicken wire inside....the frame is hung from shower curtain brackets.  The brackets are also holding my necklaces...


I love how our bedroom has turned out.  I catch myself lying in bed and just looking around the room.  It is such a comfy peaceful place!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so amazing on decorating! I so need to take creativity lessons from you! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your bedroom! It is very peaceful. :) - Janet W

Unknown said...

I love the personal touches in your bedroom, from the books and jewelry and the vinyls. It all looks great!


My Photo
I am married to my best friend and am the mom of two wonderful kids. I have had my ups and downs in regards to health, happiness and weight loss. This blog will tell you about all of those ups and downs and my opinion on the randomness that we call life.

Instagram



Becky’s Babbles






Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog





Sizzlin' Savages

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved